I now return to the DIY outdoor garden kit. Over the course of the last couple of days I've managed to complete:


Big wood frame, White chair, Triangle table,  Stepboard No.1, No.2, and No. 3, as well as the Bulletin board.

I also made a hearty attempt at the wire Storage Rack. As you can see, it was a spectacular failure. I blame it on my having been overcaffeinated.



Here's attempt No. 2 of the Storage Rack which I took on after I'd gotten my daughter to bed later that same night. It's far, far from perfect but the thing is standing upright. I'll either discard it or simply glue it to the ground when the kit is complete if I can disguise it inconspicuously somewhere in the background. I also finished the Rolling Cart.


Lastly, I completed three Photo Frames, a small Toy House, an Eave, the smaller Window, as well as the Big Window with green and white plaid curtains (currently in the process of drying).

Another project I'd like to work on is adapting the shower for the dollhouse bathroom. So many of the existing pieces for dollhouse bathrooms include a tub with taps. That's nice and all but in our modern day society, it seems unrealistic that the family living in this house wouldn't have access to a shower. There are showers you can purchase, of course, but I also feel one of these placed front and center will ultimately take away from the overall "look" I'm hoping to achieve. The bathroom I ordered off of Etsy includes this bathtub (Note: this is not a picture reflecting the wallpaper I've chosen):


It is my desire to adapt it so that there's also an evident shower, but without taking away from the general design appeal of the tub. I bought a little shower head, a curved shower curtain rail I can mount to the wall, and also plan on making a shower curtain to drive the point home. My supplies (with the exception of the shower head) have arrived and so I'll continue on with the garden kit and also post an update on the shower curtain adaptation if I manage to complete it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog