My daughter discovered the dog that came with the Nordic DIY house I've been working on and promptly named him Fred. In a matter of 24 hours, she's already broken one of Fred's ears...twice. I've also been worked pretty hard to finish "Fred's" house, to the point that my back is killing me and the inside of my middle finger has gone numb. I suspect it's from all that tiny scissor work pressing on a nerve. Or perhaps from being hunched over and squinting in concentration (and yes, I admit, crying out in frustration a time or eighty). I didn't take pictures of the process on this one. As I mentioned, someone was riding me to finish it as quickly as possible. For Fred. Sigh.

Here is the finished product (please excuse the background, I was having trouble with lighting on the day I took these):





The Nordic house has a music box inside, which added a nice touch to this particular project. My daughter likes to wind it up and practice her dance. It's not a lively tune, but she still works it in a surprisingly flowing fashion.

Lastly, the other set of Erna Meyer grandparents have arrived. I used the finished Nordic house to display them. In my mind they're on some sort of vacation together and have taken a selfie of their little holiday house in the background, making it more a focus of the shot than they're intended to be. I sort of had to do it this way because these DIY kits are not 1:12 scale.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog