Another element of the rooftop garden arrived and I've completed the basic Robotime Jason's Kitchen room. It's another 1:24 scale DIY kit, however, I wanted this one to be truer to a 1:12 scale and so I only constructed the portions that lend to that idea. There's a hutch I plan to use on the spare wall that I will fill with various gardening items, but it is currently with the Hobbies dollhouse further south, which means, as has been fairly typical during this process, I'll have to wait to complete it. For now, I have a to scale planter, which still needs greenery or flowers to fill its currently empty shelves; as well as a sink with a water pump and bucket.

It should be said that in the back of my mind I'm fully aware that these elements, when taken as a whole, may not all fit on the rooftop once I have the dollhouse. For instance, that hutch I mentioned above will have to be less than 7" in height and 5" in width, or I'll have to find something similar that fits those dimensions instead. It doesn't look like a super large piece from the pictures I've seen and so I'm hopeful it will work in the space I've left open for it. As for the entire rooftop concept, it's entirely possible the space I imagine exists may not, in fact, be there at all. It's very difficult to plan these things from afar when you're dealing with a handmade dollhouse and can't take your own measurements but rather "eye" them in the hope of getting a gauge from a picture. Even still, it's been a blast so far just to "imagine" the possibilities.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog