I've received the terrarium and many of the furnishings and accessories for assembling the Practical Magic Apothecary room. It's a decent size without being too overwhelming and also has those two wonderful doors allowing for easy access and all of that glass for viewing the interior from different angles.



I have wallpapered the back and right sides of the terrarium using cardboard backing, just in case I ever want to disassemble the roombox and utilize the terrarium for its original intended purpose down the line. The left side isn't wallpapered but I intend to make some curtains for the upper portion which will still allow it too look like a "room" and yet allow additional natural light in. I also added a nice sized rug to fill the space and add dimension.



In addition, I took an unfinished wood bookcase, cut a trim piece to size and added it to the top section to make it look "pretty," and then antiqued it with paint before adding some purple and white damask wallpaper to the back inner shelves and the three lower panels.




A number of the fixtures I purchased for the Apothecary are made of unfinished wood and will be the next projects I tackle, but I'm still waiting for the second shelving unit to arrive. This is one that will require assembly and further "prettify-ing." It's making its way to me by way of the Netherlands, and so it may be a while yet. I still have the shop counter, table, and many little handmade accessory projects I can busy my hands with in the meantime.

Until then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog