As Hurricane Florence whirls its way toward my home state, while I continue to pray for everyone who will be affected and hope for the best, I thought I'd post before potentially losing power for an unpredictable period of time.

As a result of having to piece it together with scrap wallpaper panels, the interior dollhouse facades are sort of a mess:



I'm totally winging it here because I'm not at all sure how to handle it. The facades will have exterior windows, trim, etc; and they also need to be attached to the actual dollhouse by hooks. I can't add too much weight, nor can I add anything that might form a barrier and prevent the hook latching, once installed.

I've chosen the yellow room at the bottom right to start with:


Clearly, it doesn't look good. At. All.

I chose some decorative tape and got to work, hoping for a sort of detailed "cover-up:"


I added more decorative tape, painted coffee stir sticks, and finished up both facades:



Speaking of exterior work!

Two facades = much papering of the opposing sides:


Also, the sides of the dollhouse (for this picture, the house has been positioned with one side on the ground, and at the time it was taken, those trim pieces were not attached. I'd just laid them in place to ensure my seams would be covered appropriately once pasted):


And then, of course, there's the rooftop, for the rooftop garden:


Oh, and also the roof trim! 


I was nearly out of Yes! Paste, and the exterior paper, there at the end, was just scrap. I'm feeling very relieved I ordered juuuuust enough.


I had to cut the window and door holes out of each facade:


I added a stained glass panel to the upper portion of each door facade, glued and/or nailed in the doors and windows, and then began working on the trim work:


Hooks were added to the facades and dollhouse in order to attach them to the dollhouse:



Some glue and clamping of the roof trim:


And then I excitedly added the shutters, planters, outdoor lighting, knobs, knockers, and wreaths:



This one has working lights!


I'm currently having some issues nailing the rest of the roof trim as the space is limited while using a hammer, and so it's going to take some further careful effort before I can finish that up. It requires patience and breaks. However, I can take you through the moss addition, which I've only just completed.

Here's the roof:



I combined dark green and light green course turf, filled a small syringe with tacky glue:


And got to work:



 Once shaken loose and drying:



I'm working on a flag but one of the pieces I need in order to complete it won't be delivered until after this storm blows through and deliveries can be made to the area once again:


Getting close now!

Speaking of which, so is Florence. I apologize if this post seems a bit stilted, but I am feeling rushed. After all, she's mere hours away.

Until next time, Love and Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog